Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 6 & 7

It's the weekend! We got off to a late start today (up late last night) and had to hurry to squeeze in our workout before heading to our friend's for the 49er's game (which they won!). Heading out of the house, we knew we were going to a football game and that meant two things: beer and pizza. The first evil temptation. To make things easier, we stopped Chipotle on the way and loaded up on chicken bowls with guac. I avoided the beer at my friends and opted for gin -- which also turned out to be a bad idea! not because of Paleo, but because I never drink hard alcohol. After some shenanigans there, we drove home and I made kilbasa in the skillet with some of our left over veggies.

Sunday, we headed to Santa Cruz for some surfing. I just got a new board so I was pretty excited to try it out. We had a great day in the water and came out exhausted and starving. My buddy suggested hamburgers, which was exactly what I wanted! We headed over to Betty Burgers, where they offer a "bare back" option for all of their burgers and to top it off they get all of their burger meat from a local organic farm. Sorry, no pics of the burger!

For dinner, I adapted the Moroccan Chicken recipe from page 46 EP to include green beans instead of broccoli and use Tamari Soy instead of Coconut oil (both substitutions because that's all I had).

Energy and brain-wise, I felt great Saturday and Sunday (aside from a little gintoxication). I had a lot of energy in the water on Sunday, but I don't feel like it was any more than usual.

Meals (Day 6):

  • Breakfast: Skipped
  • Lunch: Chipotle, where I got a bowl with chicken (no rice), veggies, and guacamole. ($7.90)
  • Dinner: Kilbasa, Veggies, & Quinoa (~$15.00*)

Meals (Day 7):

  • Breakfast: Bacon & Omelette
  • Lunch: Lettuce wrapped chipotle burger! (Mad Mex - 1/2 lb. burger w/ guac and chipotle sauce $6.49)
  • Dinner: Moroccan Chicken with Coconut Amino Soy, carrots, & green beans


Cost Breakdown:

* So, I've decided that it's not necessarily useful to breakdown my costs so granularly. I will track prices when I buy an individual item (e.g. Betty Burger). Otherwise, I plan to make one trip to the grocery store per week and I'll note that.

Kilbasa w/ Quinoa

Moroccan Chicken Sizzling Up!

Chicken's finished. Checkout how much the carrots and beans have softened up.

Serving it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment