Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 2

Pretty simple food-wise since I ordered food for lunch and dinner. Energy-wise, I didn't get a full eight hours of sleep, but I am not feeling too drowsy, also not feeling too energetic; I'd say just standard. Brain-wise, I felt pretty productive today. I'm not expecting to see any results at all yet though.

I was pretty hungry after lunch, but just had a lot of water and coconut juice, which seemed to hold me over. Yesterday, I snacked on an apple, but today I didn't have any snacks. I was hungry again after dinner, but thirty minutes and an apple juice later I felt fine.

I read some interesting content today about paleolithic humans eating and storing grain. It was by Leigh Peele, who seemed a little aggressive about it. I guess those must have been the fat ones!

Meals:
  • Breakfast: Started the day with a hard boiled again, which broke in the pot =(
  • Lunch: Chicken Shawerma - Mediterranean Grill House (Tender marinated chicken breast, seasoned slowly roasted, shaved thinly, served with rice and your choice of salad or hummus)
  • Dinner: Chicken Fajita Salad - Chevy's (Sizzling grilled fajitas, chilled greens, sauteed poblano peppers and onions, cotija and jack cheese, pepitas, fresh avocado, pico de gallo and tortilla strips tossed tableside w/ Apple Chipotle Vinaigrette)

Cost Breakdown:

Breakfast - 1 egg =~ $2/12
Lunch - $2.15
Dinner - $0.09 (Company covered $13.11)

Anecdote of the day -- Apparently I wasn't the only one to eat a hard-boiled egg for breakfast just before riding my bike to train stop. I, however, may be the only one who did these things and did not throw it back up directly onto the platform immediately upon arrival. Gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment