Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 18-21

It's the end of another week and the start of a new one. I'm 21 days into trying paleo and it's been going well! Today I had my first major problem. We went to a ramen restaurant for dinner and there was literally nothing to order. We got there after being out all day long and my friend was driving, so (a) I didn't have the chance to eat beforehand, nor (b) did I have any snacks in the car to hold me over. I got a small soup and ate almost all of it. That included noodles and a (probable) high amount of MSG. I'm hoping to burn it all off tomorrow in my workout, but I'm also hoping that it doesn't affect my overall paleo trial experience.

Another concern that I have is that drinking may be skewing my measurements. I've been avoiding beer by instead drinking hard cider and mixed drinks -- I'm getting a better gauge of how much I can drink in that arena thankfully. The problem is that drinking makes me tired the next day, so it's hard to tell if I would be feeling worse or not. At least, I haven't really had a hangover or felt that murky.

Here's my eating schedule the last four days:

Meals (Day 18)

  • Breakfast: Hardboiled egg
  • Lunch: Greek Chicken Salad (No feta) - Yiassoo Greek ($3.25). This was mediocre.
  • Dinner: Chipotle Barbacoa w Guac ($8.12)
Meals (Day 19)

  • Breakfast: Tuna Avocado Sushi - Draeger's ($6.25). I had a dentist's appt and was starving afterwards. No sashimi, so I had to pick the fish out of the rice, but it was still delicious!
  • Lunch: Walia Ethiopian Family style. (company tab). I eschewed the bread and had to eat with a fork. This definitely brought the spicy heat to forefront! Note - the Gored Gored is VERY rare.
  • Dinner:  Ziryab Mediterranean Grill  - Braised Lamb and Lentil Soup ($66.89). Not the greatest I've had, but pleasant service. Also, not very many paleo options on the menu here.
 Meals (Day 20)

  • Lunch: Huevos Rancheros on sliced Avocado! I made this from page 144. It was excellent.
  • Dinner: Milagros - Guacamole & Steak Tacos (open shell) ($8.12) Both were amazing! I definitely recommend.
Meals (Day 21)

  • Breakfast: Jamba Juice Açai, Rasberry, Strawberry smoothie ($6.00)
  • Lunch: Bullwacker's - Salmon Burger & NE Clam Chowder ($0.00) Awesome! I finished this off in under a minute.
  • Dinner: Santouka - Ramen Noodle Soup ($7.14)

No comments:

Post a Comment